Take That Important First Step Today
Thank you for your interest in the Alray Scholars Program. We are a Boston-based organization that focuses on giving deserving students a second chance at college. Not only do we offer our scholars up to $5,000 in financial assistance, but we provide the guidance of a dedicated mentor to support you on your quest to earn your degree.
ANNUAL APPLICATION DEADLINES: June 15 and October 15.
In order to apply for this scholarship, you must have:
- Graduated from a Boston public high school or a Boston charter high school, or received a GED after attending one of these schools; or graduated from the Metco program while residing in Boston
- Applied to the scholarship within fifteen years of high school graduation or earning a GED
- Enrolled and started a college, trade school, or vocational program after completing high school
- Left your educational program (without completing) due to a range of family, personal or educational reasons
- Used your time away from your educational program productively, such as being involved in a variety of community, school and work activities
In addition, you must be able to demonstrate the following in your application essays:
- An intent and readiness to return to school
- A demonstrated need
- A desire to make a meaningful contribution to your family, community, or larger society
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate qualities such as integrity, strength of character, maturity, resolve, self-discipline, resilience, leadership and civic engagement.
If you don’t meet some of these eligibility requirements, but you feel you are deserving of an Alray Scholarship, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know a little bit more about you.
The Alray Scholars Program does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, military status, age, or disability.
Still not sure if you should apply? Hear from scholars who are glad they did: